The last thing I want to do after a 9-10 hour work day, is cook a meal that takes an hour. Cooking is usually therapeutic to me, but when I’m tired and #hangry.. no way. This low-carb/low-cal shrimp scampi recipe is only 25 minutes! Plus, it’s delicious.
Have a picky eater in your home? Don’t worry, I’ve tested zucchini noodles AKA “zoodles” on my parents and boyfriend. They all gave them a five star rating. That’s saying something. My only tip when cooking zoodles, would be to not overcook them. They do not need to be as tender as normal noodles.
I have tried and tried to like spaghetti squash and I just can’t find a recipe for it I enjoy. So, I was very skeptical about zoodles. To my surprise, I can hardly tell a difference in noodles and zoodles. Hallelujah!
What low-carb and zoodle recipes do you love? I’d love to try them!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more, to taste
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds (4 medium-sized) zucchini, spiralized
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Spiralize Zucchini
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a simmer; stir in zucchini noodles until well combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan and parsley, if desired.
- Calories 214.3
- Total Fat 8.6g
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8g
- Protein 27.0g