If you know me, you know I love food. I wish I was one of those people with a high metabolism who can eat anything they want and not gain a pound…. but unfortunately God just didn’t make me that way. That will be on my list of questions for Him one day. Ha! Jk… kind of. So, I love finding healthier versions of my favorite indulgences.
Bread is one of my favorites. Any kind. This is kind of an issue when you try to cut down gluten in your diet. Thankfully, with Bob’s Red Mill products you can replace any flour in a recipe to make it gluten free. I use Bob’s Red Mill brown rice flour, but there are a few others that work just as great!
Try it, and let me know what you think! I can promise it will cure that craving you’re having! Delicious!
- 2 Cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Flour
- 4-5 Very Ripe Bananas, Mashed
- 1/2 Cup Butter (Softened)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbs Milk
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2-1 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, set aside. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Stir in eggs, milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture and chocolate chips into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for at least minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack. Slice and serve warm!