Photography: Heather Michelle
My favorite color is most likely black, but wine is coming in a close second this fall season. I love it on bags, tops, dresses, jackets, jeans, and even booties! Yes, I’m aware I have a problem. Maybe it’s because I have a love affair with red wine in general? Hey, they say a glass a day equals one hour at the gym and/or a glass a day is good for your heart. So I say, two a day is GREAT for you. Ha! Only slightly kidding. I am not a doctor. Drink wine at your own risk and if you are 21+.
You all know I am a sucker for a good deal. That’s partially the reason I bought this jacket, but now I am living in it. VICI Collection sends subscribers 20% off coupons almost daily. It was a no brainer when I saw this advertised on the coupon email, I just had to have it. It is great for fall, because it is just light weight enough that you’re not having to shed it off when you’re inside. However, you could definitely pair a thicker shirt underneath it for the winter. I also love this jacket with my mock turtleneck dress and over-the-knee (OTK) boots.
I’ve linked some of my other favorite wine colored pieces below and my favorite red wines under $30. PLUS, a recipe for what we call “Crack Candy” at my house. It is in no way healthy, but you’ll love me forever after trying it. I promise. It is always the first thing that gets eaten up at functions. It’s yummy chocolate goodness that is super easy and quick to make. Enjoy!
14 Hands| Ben Haines| Cavit| Dreaming Tree
- 2 sticks of margarine
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 6 Hershey bars
- 1 cup of pecans (chopped)
- 2 sleeves of graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place unbroken graham crackers in a single layer on the foil.
- Boil margarine, sugar, and pecans for 4-6 minutes. (Your house will smell ahhhh-mazing.)
- Pour mixture over graham crackers and spread evenly.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately lay Hershey bars over hot crackers.
- Allow to sit for 2-4 minutes or until chocolate is melted.
- Spread melted chocolate evenly over crackers.
- Place in refrigerator until chocolate is set.
- Break into uneven pieces and serve! YUM!!!